High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Tightening the Nuts

I saw that I needed a wrench unlike any I had. So off to town, where I got a wrench on which the wrench-head could turn to slightly less than 90 degrees to the handle. I taped the head onto the handle, to make sure it wouldn't come off. I also got some cord, taped the end of that to the wrench handle, and tied the other end to the hole there where the stabilizer will mount. This was, of course, so I wouldn't drop the wrench and have it go clank, clank, clank way down inside the fin.

Thus, after applying red threadlocker, I was able to tighten those nuts while easily holding the bolts with a hex key.                                                                                                                                                                           

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home