High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Rear Bellcrank Assembly Finished


The bellcrank assembly is finished now. I had to thin the washers (instead of using thick ones--Andrej at Pipistrel would like to know why I had to do this, but now it'll be difficult to measure the parts) by sanding them.

The red marks are mine, put there while trying to get the parts lined up so that I could put the bolts through. I had to use a small inspection mirror to see into the bolt hole, to get the final washer aligned. Working into a small opening like this was far from convenient.

I have since put red paint (supplied in the kit) onto the nuts and threads of the bolts, to make inspection easier. I'll be able to tell just by looking whether anything has moved. This bellcrank assembly will be covered by the lower rudder hingepin assembly, though there will be openings to look through, for inspection purposes.

Lots of work yet to do in this area, but securing this bellcrank assembly was a milestone.

I'd be happier if the vertical pushrod didn't "pull" over to one side as much as it does. I even loosened the upper bolt again (overcoming red threadlocker) but it remained the same. I don't think it'll hurt anything. I tightened it down again with a new drop of threadlocker.

This is at the bottom-rear of the vertical fin. The stabilizer and elevator will be mounted at the top of the fin. The Sinus is a T-tail motorglider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home