High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Still Not Working

Today I went to the hardware store in Buena Vista and bought washers. I realized that I needed a somewhat smaller size, and thinner if possible. Well, looking through a tray of washers, I noticed that some were much thinner than others! So I picked out six of those, thinking they'd work fine.

Well, they don't work. They're still too thick, so I guess I'll need to sand 'em down to be thinner. I do this by putting a piece of sandpaper on the bench, and sliding the washer around on it, moving it with a suitable object such as block eraser, or a piece of plastic. With enough work, I think I'll make it although I'd like to know why it isn't working as planned. It almost works, but not quite.

Doing this stuff, I'm thinking in metric but having to trash my mind sometimes by thinking in our traditional system. Bah.... The washers, I calculate, have to be about 0.7 mm thick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home