High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Washer Thickness

I've been unable to get two of the "1 mm" washers into the rear bellcrank assembly, shown three posts earlier. I just measured the thickness of these washers and they turn out to be around 1.2 mm thick. That's enough of a difference to explain why two of them won't fit. So...into Buena Vista to the hardware store (open on Sundays) to find thinner washers. I'll take my micrometer with me and try to find a size that'll work. Again, I wish the US had adopted the metric system long ago.

There are more assembly jobs that I can't yet do because doing them would cover up this bellcrank assembly. Getting washers that fit will be like breaking a logjam. Specifically, I'll be able to mount the lower rudder bracket, and go on from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home