High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Skinny Tools for Sinus


Here's the set of skinny hex wrenches I made for reaching inside the tubing on my Sinus. One is 5 mm, the other is 4 mm. The latter (smaller one) is for the nut, which is on the left side. Remember the old saying, taught me by my dad, "Nuts to the pilot!" These fasten together the flaperon control tubes, which meet in the upper center of the fuselage.

I sawed off two ordinary metric hex wrenches and epoxied them into lengths of tubing that I found at our local True Value hardware store. The one on the left may look hollow, but it isn't. I had filed off rough edges around the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home