High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Making a Tool


I need a long wrench--actually two long wrenches--to reach a bolt and nut that will join two pieces of tubing end to end. I'll have to reach inside the tubes from both ends. I was able to buy a set of wrench extenders. To make another, I bought the socket wrench, an adapter, and a long dowel. I filed the end of the dowel down to a square (roughly) to fit inside the wrench adapter. It'll at least work to get the nut in place. When I tighten it, it'll be with some thread locker applied. Maybe by then I'll have found a metal shaft that I will be able to turn harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home