High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Bike Ride, Late Afternoon Today

I've been feeling a lot like a stump lately, without much physical activity. I felt that way again today, so later this afternoon, maybe 6:40 or so, I got on my Cruzbike for a ride. I turned toward my valley, following the county road east and then south for maybe three and a half miles, powering up the only significant hill, and also up the steepest one. I went to where I'd have had to cross a cattle guard which has presented difficulties in the past, so there I turned around and rode home. Mostly gentle ups and downs, and then the steady climb to my house--but it all felt great! That was about five hours ago and I still feel great. More like a person now than a stump, and this is a good change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home