High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I Was Quick

About a foot of snow fell last night, and my Prius was in the garage. My 4wd truck isn't here now because it hit a deer and is being repaired. Was I stuck for several days? No time to lose.

I got my snow shovel and started digging. After some work, I had it so I would be able to back my Prius out, and get it pointed toward the driveway. There were still some tracks, though mostly filled, in the driveway. I dug one out almost to ground level.  Then I went along the center section and shoveled away a swath of snow. I just didn't want the bottom of the Prius to drag. It's low-slung. I dug the other track, having marked it first by walking it. There was now a wall of snow on each side of the center swath, which I knocked the tops of into the center. I had a driveway again!

Then I drove the Prius out that driveway and parked it on the county road! I was done. As I walked back to the house, the wind began to blow. Had I waited even half an hour, there would have been big wind, blowing the snow, and undoing what I'd just done. Now, by the end of the day, my driveway is drifted shut again. Not light and fluffy anymore, it would be difficult to shovel. But my Prius is parked out on the street and that's a very good thing! Nowhere to go in particular, but I'm ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home