High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Elevator Control Mechanism

Here is the recently-mounted elevator control mechanism at the top rear of the vertical fin. When the horizontal tail mounts here, the elevator fits into this white piece and is thereby controlled. This will allow the horizontal tail to be removed at will--a very convenient feature for some people.

Since I don't yet know exactly how I'll set the elevator (equal movement up and down, or something else) I am not going to use threadlocker on the connection where the twistum is, yet. I put the twistum there to remind myself of this. Note that the other nuts seen here have red paint on them and also (invisibly) had blue threadlocker applied. The red paint will allow me to instantly see if these have moved, come inspection time.

2 Comments:

At 1/28/2010 6:55 AM, Blogger 空氣 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1/28/2010 1:12 PM, Blogger Tom Rampton said...

Working on trim system now, and this is quite difficult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home