High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

CIPA College 2009

Finishing up two days, Friday and Saturday, Mar 27-28, at the Colorado Independent Publishers Association "College". It's two days of intensive instruction and information. Lots of websites to look at, and lots of ideas to follow up on.

Part of what I learned is that my blog should be on my website, rather than here, and there is code to include in my website to make this happen. First, of course, I'll need to rewrite my badly outdated website. To do that, I'll have to prepare or locate certain photos. It's a never-ending series! It would also be good to do some stuff that justifies the redoing of my site...

CIPA member and past president Kenn Amdahl is right now summing up the College with song and a guitar. And some words--Kenn praised Obama's book, Dreams of my Father, because O. tied it all together with an idea. It isn't just a chronology. I must hurry up and read his other book so that I can trade with Patty, per a deal we made!

Kenn just told us something else about President Obama, who we know is a rather good speaker: How Obama got that way, said Kenn, was by reading aloud the speeches of Abraham Lincoln. And also that Lincoln got that way by reciting the speeches of a certain Irishman who had lived fifty years earlier than Lincoln.

This CIPA College has gotten me to thinking what else I want to put in books, of which I have three in mind: First, another river guide, this to Cataract Canyon in Utah. Second, a book about building my Sinus motorglider. Should this be named Pipistrel High? Toward that end, I must drill more holes when I get home--this time to mount the other wheel. Third, Highway 50 Across America, which will contain aerial photos, which is my reason (read, excuse) for building the Sinus.

Later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home