High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Underway Now

Interior of the cockpit. Front of the aircraft is to the left.
The square openings in the floor are where the control sticks
will be mounted. Seats will go in the depressions at lower right.

I've started working on the cockpit area. The flap lever has been mounted, the slot cut for the trim control, and this photo shows me using my battery-operated Dremel tool to cut openings for the throttle quadrant. Right now I'm working on getting the rudder pedals bolted into place. Today I installed four of the bolts that will hold the seat belts. Earlier, I started to assemble the wheels and the brakes, but I'd ordered a better set of brakes and they aren't described in the instruction manual. There's a Pipistrel email mailing list, and I have a list of questions to pose. If I need to, I'll email the factory in Slovenia. They've been very helpful to other builders.

By the way, I can't imagine building a Sinus kit without a Dremel tool! I have both the battery operated tool, and one that plugs in. They are more than invaluable--they are necessary.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home