High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Shipping Container

I've been told (see comments--thank you) that the truck that brought my Sinus did, in fact, have a shipping container inside of the trailer. I'd never seen shipping container before (the trucking company I'd driven for didn't use them) and if this is what it was, it really fit the trailer tightly! But I guess they'd be designed that way. It looked like part of the trailer to me.

Now it all makes sense. The shipping container must have been packed in Slovenia by Pipistrel, trucked to Bremerhaven, loaded onto the ship, brought to Houston, looked at by US Customs (I had to pay a duty of $405 plus an even bigger fee to the import agency that handled this--and I suspect I got hooked a bit on the deal), then put onto a train, and trucked up into the mountains from Denver.

More photos will follow, but I really need to get some work done on the motorglider!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home