High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Monday, December 01, 2008

Lunar Conjunction

A picture from my porch of the mountains, my garage roofline, the moon, and two planets that were in conjunction this evening. The planets were Jupiter and Venus. This will happen again in May, 2011.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12/01/2008 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo! I'm glad my email resulted in such a result. The other response I got was from a friend in the mountains of central Mexico, who appreciated the notice to check out the sky.

 
At 12/04/2008 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend, who had been in Nathrop with me three weeks ago, and I were walking out to the barn here in No. Calif, and saw the same view and he explained how unusual it was. It may have been a little darker when we saw it as it was very bright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home