High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Road up to Monarch

The view west toward Monarch Pass on Highway 50, Chaffee County, Colorado. When it works out, I've enjoyed driving up there on Friday afternoons since my friend is up at the ski area then with a group of her students.

http://crestonecharter.blogspot.com

It's about a 40 minute drive, and I normally find some photographs to make along the way. I am, after all, working on a book illustrating Highway 50 across the country! It's only another mile or so from the ski area to the summit of Monarch Pass.

This time, I didn't take my cross country skis. But I should have. The snow was better than I thought. The Old Monarch Pass road would have been good.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home