High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Arkansas Valley Miscue

















Coming home from the post office today, I noticed this fine view that I'd never photographed before. So I went home, got my camera and tripod, and went back. Made the photograph, though the light was considerably less spectacular by then.

Only when I brought it up in Photoshop later did I realize that lots of birds had been there ahead of me.

Oh well! Photoshop's LAB color and lightness corrections did very well with a dull image. I'll go back when the light is more dramatic (as it had been a few minutes earlier), and I'll find a better fencepost or none at all. I like the concept, and this image was mostly a test.



Same image, uncorrected but sharpened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home