High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Piles of Snow

Huge piles of snow here are from plowing my driveway. But having just flown to Portland and back, I know that similar snowcover existed (on January 23) all the way from Denver to around Pendleton, Oregon. I mean total snowcover. A thick blanket that covered even the steep sides of hills--it was everywhere. There have probably been other winters like this, but I don't personally remember any.

I'd be interested to know what effect global warming has had on our weather: so far we've had big snow, violent hurricanes, and much more--and what's next? My thought would be that what's called "global warming" really means that more energy is being trapped by pollutants in our atmosphere. It would seem that this could cause greater separation of warm from cold, and hence more vi0lent interaction. between the two.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home