High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Snow and More Snow


I'd walked over to my mailbox (about 200 yards) and saw this scene. So I walked home, walked back again with the camera, and made a few photographs. For the last one, I noticed the nearly full moon coming up over Bald Mountain! (Neither of these houses are mine.)




My driveway after it was plowed by my neighbor, who is in that business. He takes his small plow (similar to a skip loader) and trailers it all over the valley to plow snow. He does a good job.



I'd wisely parked my Prius out on the county road, so I wouldn't get snowed in. This was not snowfall blocking my driveway: It was wind-blown snow that almost seemed like concrete. I'd shoveled the driveway twice already that week, but newly fallen snow is light and fluffy--easy to move. Wind-blown snow isn't, so I hired the job done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home