High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Brown Cat


For lack of a better name, I've been calling this The Brown Cat. The striped fur looks that color more than other colors. Apparently abandoned, he/she has been living in my shed. I've been putting out cat food and water, though the latter doesn't stay liquid very long outside.

This has been going on for about two weeks. I could never get close to the cat before, but today zie (gender neutral pronoun) came up close enough for a photo. But no closer--and is still outside. That's just fine with my preexisting two cats. There would no doubt be some loud, territorial disagreement if the Brown Cat were to come inside. But it's a lot warmer in here.

I've been told that cats can survive extremes of temperature, both hot and cold. The mountain lions around here are probably doing quite well, so a house cat would do the same. Not happily, perhaps.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12/16/2007 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, the invite to comment is in Danish. No problems here because of past history.

Enjoyed the e-mail and blog of The Brown Cat. Perhaps, a cat catcher cage would at least get it neutered and important shots. Did that last year with a local feral. It now lives in a condo area of 20 places just around the corner, and is known as Fred, The Courtyard Cat. Well looked after.

Also, Tom, thanks for the pics of snow in the area. Do miss that here in Baton Rouge. But, not for long. Am selling up in the Spring and moving to Kenai Peninsula next Autumn for a coupla' years, before returning to Australia.

Thanks again for your great photos. You're looking well. Glad to see that you're building the plane.

P

 
At 12/17/2007 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How like you to take such care of this cat! I was particularly touched by your putting out water several times a day for it.

Patti (I can't remember my log-in right now, so I'm signing as "Anonymous"...but I'm not.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home