High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cruzbike Silvio

Two views of my new Cruzbike Silvio. I know there have been some questions about which rack I mounted over my rear wheel. It's an Old Man Mountain rack (made to fit over a conventional front wheel) that fits very nicely.

And wonder of wonders! I just came across a 1986 catalog (as I clean up around here and discover long-unseen bits of floor) that has in it a trunk bag that is designed for this short rack. Worth checking out, if it's still being made.

And it is! Rivendell Bicycle Works in Walnut Creek, California now has a website at www.rivendellbicycles.com on which is featured their Li'l Loafer for $87. It's a trunk bag that mounts on a shorter rack (length appears to be 9.5 inches). Looks to be sized just right for my Silvio, and should solve a big problem--if the sloping rear of the seat doesn't block it. We'll see.




Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2/26/2008 1:06 PM, Blogger Mark B said...

That's a fine looking bicycle there, Tom. Say.... What is all that white stuff all over the place? ;)

Mark

 
At 2/26/2008 1:40 PM, Blogger Tom Rampton said...

Mark, that's something I didn't see much of when I grew up in your part of the country. And which we haven't seen so much of even here for years! Tom

 
At 9/03/2008 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tom, I have taken the leap and am waiting for a Silvio frameset to arrive next week. Need to select components to install. Did you order the parts online? Would it be possible to save some of the cost by obtainng a good road bike and strip it for its components. Want 700c wheels but which tires should I choose; some of the pavement here around metro Detroit is a bit rugged. Want to do the work myself, but am leaning toward having a bike shop do the initial assembly and adjustment. Thanks, Daniel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home