High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Gentle Moderation

I think the worst of winter, that is, the coldest, is most often between Christmas and New Year. That's past now. I'm still building fires in my wood burning stove, I'm still wearing my coat outside, and my three cats tend to remain inside. There is snow on the mountains, the pine trees on the mountain slopes are quite dark by contrast, and the valley floor is covered with yellow (once-green) grasses.

We're at least thinking about warmer times. Patty scored a Desolation Canyon river permit (Green River in Utah, through wild country). We'll be doing several other things as well.

The motorglider project is still going strongly. I just haven't gotten around to posting about it much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home