High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Firewall Carpeting

After the sound deadening layer, blue carpet covers it, and also will cover the dark area under the door. The areas beside the firewall have already had carpet cemented in place, as had the strip just under the top lip above the firewall.

Tomorrow I will melt through these two layers of carpeting with my new 40 Watt soldering iron, and will mark the location of the several nutserts by heating a piece of brazing rod and sticking it through each of the nutserts to melt through the carpeting.

Attaching the sound-deadening material onto the firewall after masking, and spraying with contact cement. This layer actually extended a bit too high when lined up at the bottom. So, as I was told I could by Andrej at the factory, I just cut it off with scissors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home