High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Step or More

Here is the Sinus in my shop. Underneath are perhaps half the parts that still need to be installed. Most of my working time is not spent installing stuff, but finding parts and figuring out how they work.

Today I melted through the headliner material with a 40 Watt soldering iron. It worked very well, uncovering the various openings where the wing roots will attach. I sanded the insides of the openings to remove most of the melted bits of headliner material.

The front opening is for the fuel gauge (a visual tube in which the fuel level can be seen). The large opening is for the wing spar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home