High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Tracks in the Snow

On Friday, I was looking around outside and came upon some very interesting tracks. I'm not a tracker at all, but this looked to me a lot like a cat. Not a house cat, either. Way too big, plus my cats won't go more than a nose-length outside when it's real cold!

The unknown animal continued between my house and my northmost shed, leaving a good series of tracks. Each print was, of course, the size of the one above.


Additionally, some animal had dug a burrow into the snow and under some wood that's out there. The opening shown here is probably about five inches in diameter. A few feet away, there was another one of these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home