High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Busy, Happy, Unhappy, Tragic

Late July and August of 2006 have been a real mix. First, a river trip on the Lower Salmon River in Idaho. I took my raft up there and joined a few friends. This was a very good trip.

The day we got off the river, I learned that Anrahyah's son had died. Evan, who lived in Washington state, had been in Colorado helping her with her new house. His death was unexpected and tragic. There was an outdoor cremation.

The next day (I would have postponed if I could have) I left for the east. First, a five-day bicycle trip from Albany, NY, down to New York City. After that, I went down to Virginia Beach and from there explored around the eastern shore of Chesapeake Bay with a friend. I needed photographs of that area for my current project, which is a book of photos along and near Highway 50 across the country.

After that, I started homeward on Highway 50, photographing whenever I saw something. Highway 50 is slower than the interstate highways, and photographing makes it slower yet. I was burned out by the time I got to St. Louis, so I jumped onto I-70 and drove home in a day and parts of that night (I slept for a bit in two different rest stops).

I'll post just a few photos here, and more will appear when I get them ready. This is my first full day at home in nearly three weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home