High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Independence Pass


The photo workshop we were going to lead didn't happen today, though Pat Nolan and I both showed up just in case. In due time, we went just a few miles to the spectacular home of her friends near the town of Twin Lakes. This house is built right on the high bank of Lake Creek and the view is stupendous! It would have been the first stop of a photo tour anyway. Here is a photo taken from the deck of that house. After a short time here, I continued up to the top of Independence Pass.

1 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Cat said...

I love the close-up of the yellow flower. (Can you tell I still can't tell one flower from the next? Well, at least I know my colors!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home