High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, July 06, 2006




Here are two photographs that I just made this evening. I've had an idea, for when I photograph across Kansas later this summer for a book along Highway 50. That idea is to get low and photograph a single shoot of grain or other plant. Or more than one. Of course there won't be a 14-thousand foot peak in Kansas but there might be a grain elevator or other structure. There's no grain in this photo. It's some other kind of plant.

Obviously, this photo has big focus-problems. Also wind-movement problems with the grass. But I'm hoping to find solutions for these.

The other photo is of Mount Princeton, my garage, and my house at sunset. The reddish light attracted me, and I rushed to photograph. This one ended up being handheld, from my porch. The light near bottom center is reflected off some lumber that's out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home