High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

End of the Day, July 22


There was a wonderful sunset about to happen as I left Anrahyah off in Alamosa, where she met a friend, her son, and her friend's son. They were headed to a movie, and I was headed home. This had been arranged by cell phone on our way north from Taos, where we'd eaten a wonderful Mexican meal at an outdoor table at Orlando's restaurant.

Just out of the city, I stopped where I first had a clear view of the developing sunset. I set up the tripod just as the sun was disappearing over the edge of the earth, so to speak. I waited until it was just gone, and then photographed the wonderful light on the clouds.

2 Comments:

At 7/24/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow Tom, i really have enjoyed browsing all these updates! You've been busy and into very interesting things this summer. The Santa Fe Opera is on our wish list. And this photo of the sunset is stunning. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

 
At 8/08/2006 6:37 PM, Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home