High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Monday, May 29, 2006

A Long Drive Up Monarch Pass

On Monday, May 29, I got up early so I could drive up Monarch Pass to photograph in the morning light. Arriving at the top, I photographed there between seven and eight o'clock. I figured I'd be home by mid-morning, since it's around a forty five minute drive.

But I didn't get home by mid-morning. I decided to go down the west side of the pass and photograph along the creek that parallels Highway 50 there. I could see that the grasses were probably green, and it turned out that they were.

Realizing I was hungry, I ended up in Gunnison! Since I was there, I also went to the bookstore and sold some Arkansas River guidebooks. After that, I drove home. It wasn't morning anymore by that time. But it was a good day.

1 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 10:50 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

beautiful photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home