High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Approved!

Very late this evening, I sat here at my computer studying proofs from the printer for Arkansas River Guide. I approved them all, so now the big presses can roll.

Used to be, the printer would send me a proof by overnight carrier. I'd approve it, sign it, and send it back. But this time, I elected to do it online. This was a new thing and I wanted to try it.

Took about an hour, because I had to approve each page individually. See? There's a real advantage in keeping things short and snappy!

I found it difficult to judge the "grind," or how much each page is offset away from the gutter, to make up for the gutter. That had caused a problem with my last river guide, but it looks like it'll be OK now. I'll find out soon enough, because they're gonna print it!

1 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Anrahyah said...

Congratulations on the upcoming printing Tom. I know you have worked hard to come to this point!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home