High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Almost Time!

I started getting my river raft ready to go. This includes getting the trailer ready to go, too.

The raft was off the trailer for a while. I'd taken it off real quickly one day in order to haul some wood down to Anrahyah's house project. Today, I put it back up onto the trailer with the help of Blake, who had come by to do some final work on my door project.

Used to be, I had a wider raft than I do now. So I'm about to saw three inches off each end of the cross members on my trailer. My Hyside 14' raft will ride fine, and the trailer will be a lot easier to back into the garage. I'll leave enough so that if I ever do need to haul a bigger raft, I'll be able to do it. Principle: You do what needs to be done but not more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home