High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Adventure in the Hills

What an adventure today, while scouting out locations for our early June photo workshop!

I drove east from Buena Vista as though going to Colorado Springs, and turned south on the road that goes to Aspen Ridge. I turned off that into Castle Creek Gulch.

Great exposures of exfoliated granite with aspen trees in front that are still leafless. There will be leaves there for our workshop, of course.

I didn't know where I'd end up today, but I merged onto a more major dirt road. After rechecking a familiar Arkansas Valley overlook, I backtracked and went toward South Park on that more major road (Road 187).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home