High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Random Thoughts, Post-Midnight

Ah, it's been a long day. Actually it's been a very long two days. I drove to and from Colorado Springs yesterday. That city is about two hours east of me, across South Park and then down out of the mountains.

That's across the REAL South Park. I've never seen the TV South Park. The real one is desolate and cold in winter. I think it was 18 degrees up there, in broad sunshine. I did my errands and came home about dark.

Today I got a political phone call. The caller was a lady who described the latest evil deeds that were about to be done to me by the other party. I believed her, and that's why I always vote. But it occurs to me that this very same lady (if she's a phone solicitor by trade) might make other calls, to a different list, in which she says whatever it is that Republicans respond to. Then she must scare 'em silly with a verbal image of Hillary! Then stuff about staying the course, about doubling the sentences for crimes, and a bunch of code words for whatever Republicans fear. I suspect that Republicans even respond to a different tone of voice, a different manner...but I'm not sure I can quite put my finger on it right now. Oh well.

I tried to learn more about Adobe Illustrator this afternoon. I succeeded, but it wasn't enough. I had to work on my book project just the same way I have in the past. No innovations today at all. Just a deeper awareness of how much I still don't know.

Off to bed! I'll have at it again in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home