High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I'm working on a new edition of Arkansas River Guide and it's sure being troublesome! Specifically, I'm working on the map pages and there seems to be a bug of some sort in either Illustrator or InDesign.

I can put "symbols" onto the maps in Illustrator and they look great. But when I import that map into InDesign, some of those symbols disappear. So I just went through all the maps and thought I had the problems corrected. I broke the connections as symbols, so that the small designs (access markers, translucent boxes under text and river mile numbers) would stand on their own. But some still didn't appear in InDesign when imported!

I went back to Illustrator and fixed one of the maps, and this time it seemed to import OK. Either I didn't have the maps right in the first place, or something still isn't working. This is frustrating.

If it all works, this book can be finished by the end of this month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home