High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Especen Hotel

This is the Especen Hotel, where we stayed in Ha Noi. Here, Patty sits in the lobby. I believe we're waiting for a cab to arrive. We sought out small, strategically located hotels and this one was recommended by a friend who had stayed there not long before. It was an easy walk several blocks over to Hoan Kiem Lake where there was a good eating place. Farther around the lake was a place where we did some shopping, and a place where I bought a new backpack that replaced one that was starting to tear. The backpack says North Face on it, but I have no clue whether it was a knock-off or genuine. It cost US $15. As it turned out, my first backpack was sewn up by a small shop right across from the hotel.

I had a problem getting my correct laundry back. First, someone else's laundry was brought, and then a pair of pants was missing. But presently, the man at the desk appeared with my pants! I think the guy was trying to do his best, and the laundry had made this difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home