High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Teresa's in San Salvador, July 27, 2008

Street in front of Teresa's home

Patty and Teresa

Patty and Teresa in Teresa's home

Teresa's kitchen

This is a pila. Everybody in El Salvador has one. It's a concrete structure which is mostly a large tank of water, accessible through the middle opening. The left and right sunken shelves are drained to the outside. You dip out water as needed for dishwashing or other jobs.

Ducks, which clean up amazingly well. Anything edible that you may drop is immediately eaten, so you just don't worry about it.

Our first stop in San Salvador was the home of Teresa, who, when Patty lived in El Salvador for several years, provided day care for Patty's son and daughter.

3 Comments:

At 9/19/2008 12:25 AM, Blogger ***Sheryl Marie C. Torrechilla said...

Pictures of the places are quite similar with my country, I am starting to like photography and hope to open a new blog related to it, and your blog as my inspiration- High Mountain Doings is a nice blog, would it be okay if ill will be adding your blog on the list of my fav blogs? I find it inappropriate just to add without asking for permission, Thanks Mr. Tom

 
At 9/19/2008 1:40 AM, Blogger Tom Rampton said...

Certainly, Sheryl Marie! Add it to your list of favorites. I would be honored. I'll look at your blog, too. Tom

 
At 9/22/2008 12:06 AM, Blogger ***Sheryl Marie C. Torrechilla said...

thanks Sir :-) already on my list

 

Post a Comment

<< Home