High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Last of the San Juan (for now)

An overhang above the river where ancient people had built
a structure of stone, as they often did.

Sand-blown. It was rather windy on our first night.
This is how my bedroll looked in the morning. I don't
sleep in a tent if I can help it, but perhaps would have
if I'd known about this.....!

Mouth of Slickhorn Gulch from upstream

Pool in Slickhorn Gulch

Two rafts--my Hyside and Smiths' Adventurer

Detail, shoreline. Water and wet rocks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/12/2008 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see the San Juan photos, Tom! Hoping we can do this trip next year, maybe with my friends from Pagosa Springs?? You have certainly gotten me hooked on rafting! Will be watching for the Cataract Canyon trip we did in August!

Keep on! patty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home