High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

More San Juan River, July 2008

The "First Narrows" is just a little into the first canyon,
well before Eight Foot Rapid.

The highway bridge immediately after the Sand Island launch site.
This photo is out of order. Sorry about that. I'm working late.

The same rock wall as below, about a mile below the launch.

A multicolored wall soon after our launch.
The colors, of course, are from higher water on the rock.

Soon after we launched in the morning, two paragliders
(powered parachutes) flew upriver. The Bluff airport wasn't far away.
These guys were enjoying the river just like we were. I envied their
view. Maybe they were out flying before going to work. I did that
a lot when I had my Piper Tripacer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home