High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Evan Yamakawa


Evan, the son of Lee and Anrahyah, died while I was on the river. He was visiting in Colorado, helping with work on Anrahyah's new house.

Evan was a friend, and he also edited my last two books. One of his last jobs was the day he spent at my house, sawing up firewood. I will remember him in the warmth from that wood as it burns this winter.

An outdoor cremation was done at dawn. It was an otherwise-beautiful morning and we should remember that as well, though there has been great loss.

1 Comments:

At 8/31/2006 11:29 AM, Blogger Cat said...

The flame on the right reminds me of the phoenix rising from the ashes. Perhaps that is Evan rising.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home