High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Slickhorn Canyon Photos

The photos of Slickhorn Canyon, posted five posts ago on here, are probably very much out of date now. A HUGE flash flood roared down Slickhorn a little over a week later (I'm not sure about the exact date) and I'm sure a lot of sediments (including boulders) have been rearranged or swept entirely away.

I'd love to see the place again now! Other canyons entering the lower San Juan were similarly affected. As I've written before, this is how the continent develops, as chocolate-colored floods move stone toward the sea. Things change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home