High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Slickrock Canyon

Slickrock Canyon has the Wingate Sandstone at or just above river level for its entire length. Hence, probably, the name "Slickrock."

This is an idyllic alcove in the Wingate, opposite which is the perfect campsite! You'd want to speak very quietly in that camp, because the concave surface of the alcove across the river would certainly reflect your voice back!

I made this photo from my raft. I'm not a plant-person and I have trouble distinguishing a rose bush from a pine tree. But here it was. I love this image.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home