High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Magnificent House


A very interesting house under construction between Little Glen and Slickrock Canyons. The owners were on the first floor of the tower, and some of us exchanged greetings and compliments on the house. What an observation deck this house will have! (Photoshop perspective controls were used on these photos.)

2 Comments:

At 6/15/2008 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, I've enjoyed reading your comments and looking at your photos. I must, however, take issue with your opinion that this is "a magnificent house." We boated the Dolores from Slickrock to Bedrock shortly after the photos of this house were taken. Our group was unanimous in the opinion that this eyesore was the only ugly thing we saw the whole time we were on the river and that the incongruity of this monstrosity is an insult. In no way does this structure blend in with the natural beauty of the Dolores. I think it's an eyesore being built by arrogant, tasteless and self-centered people.

 
At 6/15/2008 7:22 PM, Blogger Tom Rampton said...

That's fine, Anonymous! I see where you're coming from. I like wilderness areas too, but this isn't one--as is the case downstream. The owners were there, some of us talked with them a little, and they were not as described above. If I owned that land, where would I build my house? Glad you enjoyed the other photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home