High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spring Cycling

This morning was calm and sunny. Although I'm just getting over a virus of some kind, I'm still three weeks away from a bicycle trip in Morocco. Between several inches of snow, and not feeling well for a couple of days, I hadn't done much for several days about getting into shape.

So I drove down to the main highway with my bicycle in the back of my truck, and made ready to ride into Buena Vista. When ready to go, I realized that I only had on a t-shirt. Hmmmmm, and it's still winter around here!

I went anyway, prepared to turn around if necessary. But it wasn't unpleasant at all; between the sun and the mile or so of uphill out of about eight miles total, I felt really good! And I didn't get sweaty from working hard. Got to Bongo Billy's and enjoyed a good sandwich and some ice tea.

When I walked out to leave, things were a little different. There was partial cloud cover now, and it wasn't quite so warm. My t-shirt wasn't quite up to the task. I rode out of Buena Vista, down past the junction with Highway 285, and then down the hill that's there.

I made it back to the car just fine, without freezing. More riding will need to be done, but I'll make sure to take a jacket next time!

P.S. It snowed that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home