High Mountain Doings

From 8200 feet along one side of the Upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado, my blog is about many things: travel including river and bicycle trips, and other experiences as well. The focus is on photography, not lots of text.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The End, August 20, 2006

Arrival at the end, which was at a dock just beyond Battery Park. There, trucks and buses waited to take some of us (those who had signed up for the shuttle) back to Albany with our bikes. Our baggage had already gone there from our last camp.


With bicycles in the truck, some of us ate at a restaurant that was about 100 yards away (a New York advantage!).


The bus ride up the length of Manhattan was fascinating. I hadn't been there for a long time and I remembered nothing. Mostly, I saw a great variety of almost everything! Foreign food restaurants, other kinds of shops, everything. As cities go, this one seemed amazingly compact and accessible. Arrival back in Albany was around eight that evening and I went directly to my friends' house across the river. It had been an informative trip, to say the least.

I did manage to leave a bicycle water bottle in the restaurant. It's replaceable, though that bottle had carried water for me in Vietnam and in Myanmar. The night before, in Nyack, somebody stole my bike computer off my bicycle. It was still a good trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home